The Marine Harvest Riptide are pleased to see the momentum building for the 2017 Spring Soccer Academy. Following a very successful transition away from the VISA Academy to the Riptide Academy we are all looking forward to another wonderful program. The meeting will introduce new players and families to the program, as well as allow all participants to register and/or complete the required payment. We will also use this meeting to size any and all players who require the clothing provided by the spring academy. Importantly, all interested player’s need to complete the online registration form located HERE!
Wednesday, March 15th, 2017
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Olde House Village and Spa
1730 Riverside Ln, Courtenay, BC
The success of the Riptide Spring Soccer Academy has been overwhelming and we all look forward to seeing the program continue to evolve.
- the benefit for the Riptide Players is a to continue training and to extend the current program to ten months of the year
- the benefit to the local soccer community will be the opportunity to train and play in an intense, lively and demanding environment
- the belief is that by incorporating the U11, U12 and U13 age groups into the spring academy with the established U14-U18 age groups with the Riptide Program is the ability to share our methodologies and philosophy with the next generation of Riptide players and parents
The program details are as follows:
- 2004-2006: the aim for this program is to ensure each participant advance their technical abilities and tactical abilities. Training will be a combination of technical training with small-sided games to ensure the sessions are lively, fun, challenging and rewarding.
- 2003-1999: the aim for this program is to create a competitive and challenging training environment for the players. This will be done with a combination of technical/tactical training as well as the extremely successful 7-aside soccer game days throughout the entire program.
Please note: The Spring Academy Program is designed for the players to train and play in skill-based groups rather than age related groups. It is essential that all program participants allow the Spring Academy Staff place the players in training groups based on this model rather than the traditional age related club model.
- The program begins Tuesday, April 11th and ends Thursday, June 15th (no training on the Easter Weekend in April or the long weekend in May). Our goal is to run training on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays at a location TBD. In addition, several 7-aside events will be coordinated on weekends with further details to follow in the months ahead.
- The fee for all participants is $599 and this includes two training shirts, one pair of shorts and one pair of socks.
- Each participant may also purchase a tracksuit for an additional fee of $90.00 and the sizes must be determined/paid for prior to placing an order.
All sizing for clothing must be completed on or before March 15th at which time we will have a second meeting at the Old House to confirm sizes for the academy clothing and ensure payment is provided. All cheques must be made payable to UISA.