The goal for the program is to elevate the level of play available to the players in our community, as well as raise the level of education for the parents and families with respect to the opportunities for hard working and talented young soccer players. The program enables all ages of players and mixed genders to develop and foster healthy relationships within the academy, extending to the community through the game of soccer. Shel has spent the past twenty years training and developing young soccer players who have moved on to enjoy success playing at the collegiate level in both the US and Canada. He has also trained and developed players who have gone on to play at the professional level, as well as selection to the provincial programs and youth national team program.
This program is a movement away from the traditional club-model in which players are defined by age groups. Age groups will be a starting point, but it is essential that players and families understand this is a skill-based program. Boys and girls will be encouraged to train and play together. Considerations will be attended to regarding physical and mental abilities of the participants with respect to selecting the appropriate training group. Assessment will be an ongoing process and adjustments will be made accordingly.
SPRING SOCCER ACADEMY
– Three sessions weekly: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 – 7:30 and Saturdays from 10 – noon at Mark Isfeld
– Training sessions are 90 minutes each
– Saturdays are games days. We will mix all the players together and play 7-aside in the specified timeslot
– Technical and tactical training to prepare the individuals and teams to play at a high level
– Specialized goalkeeper training will be provided in addition to team training
– Guest Coaches
The fee for the program is $500.00 and includes academy clothing (two training shirts, shorts and socks).